Welcome Transfer Students!
If you are interested in transferring to Bishop Ward, please contact Karina Martinez '99 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913.371.6814 to discuss the process. Applications will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee upon submission. Students may transfer to Bishop Ward up through the first week of school or may transfer at second semester.
The process for transferring to Bishop Ward High School includes the following steps:
1. Complete a transfer application by downloading a copy located at the bottom of the page.
2. Type a one-page essay describing your reason(s) for transfer, why you would like to attend Bishop Ward and your goals for your life.
3. Turn in all necessary documentation to Bishop Ward High School by mail or fax.
Bishop Ward High School
Office of Admissions
708 N. 18th Street
Kansas City, KS 66102
4. Bishop Ward will request a student’s records from current school, including grades, discipline records, and attendance records.
5. The Admission Committee will review the student’s records and make a recommendation for admission.
6. If approved for admission, student will meet with counselors to pick out classes.
7. The Admission Office will provide family with Enrollment Agreement and Financial Agreement (which includes Financial Aid application).
8. The Business Office reviews financial information and sends letter to family outlining their tuition rate and financial aid for which they qualify.
9. Once schedule is finalized, student may attend class.