Bishop Ward Cross Country
For more information, contact Head Coach Kevin Walterbach at 913-371-1201 or email him at email@example.com.
BWHS Cross Country - 2020
Important Dates: (Schedule subject to change)
Wednesday 8/12 - Preseason Virtual Information Meeting @ 7 PM
Contact Coach Walterbach for a link to the meeting. It will be sent out via Remind (see below) on Wednesday.
If you cannot make this meeting, please contact Coach Walterbach.
Monday 8/17 - First Day of Practice
Wednesday 9/16 - Meet 1 @ Turner
Tuesday 9/22 - Meet 2 @ Tonganoxie
Saturday 9/26 - Meet 3 @ St. Pius X (MORNING MEET)
Thursday 10/1 - Meet 4 @ Wyandotte
Tuesday 10/6 - Meet 5 @ Barstow
Thursday 10/8 - Meet 6 - WYCO Invitational @ Wy Co Park (JV last meet)
Saturday 10/17 - Meet 7 - Crossroads Conference @ TBD (MORNING MEET)
Saturday 10/24 - Regional Meet @ TBD (VARSITY ONLY) (MORNING MEET)
Saturday 10/31 - State Meet
Be sure to get signed up on Remind if you are not already. Info is below.
Practice Times: M-F 3:30-5:00
Travel sheets will be sent out with meet info and times before each meet via Remind. Schedule and location info can also be found at the Crossroads Conference website: www.crossroadsconference.org
Contact info for Coach W:
Contact can be made via school email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the Remind messaging app: https://www.remind.com/join/bwhscc. You can join either by going to the link or giving Coach W your phone number (or email). The Remind app will also be what is used for any last-minute announcements, travel information, practice cancellations, etc. if necessary.
Physicals and new screening form required before any participation. Links to all necessary sheets are below.
English physical packet:
Spanish physical packet:
Covid screening form (REQUIRED) - KSHSAA only sent this in English
- Screenings before every practice
- Each athlete will need to have their own water bottle
- More bus space to/from meets
- Different precautions taken at meets
- Not much else different as we are already fairly naturally distanced at practice
Coaches must be notified if an athlete sustains an injury and is taken to see the doctor. We have to document this and make sure the athlete is cleared to return to activity.
- Anybody who runs for the Varsity team at Regionals will receive a letter.
- Be a senior who has been a member of the team for at least 3 years, participates in practices, and participates in all meets to the best of his/her ability. Runners who meet this criterion will earn a varsity letter senior year.