Bishop Ward is a Catholic, college preparatory high school serving students who want to be challenged academically and spiritually and who have their sights set firmly on attending college.
Since 1908, Bishop Ward has been proud to provide a “quality, Catholic, college preparatory education that nurtures the body, mind, and soul of each student.”
Bishop Ward offers opportunities to give each student a chance to succeed in college and beyond:
- Cutting edge classrooms, including the brand new Saint Francis of Assisi STEAM Center and the Saint Albert the Great Lab for chemistry.
- Upgraded WiFi throughout the building to support our one-to-one initiative with Chromebook computers.
- The only accredited Academy of Finance in the state of Kansas.
- A $10 million endowment, ensuring the stability and longevity of Bishop Ward High School now and into the future.
- The commitment and support of Archbishop Naumann, who personally led the endowment campaign.
- Leadership with experience in growing school enrollments and adding innovative programs.
- A diverse community, with the opportunity for relationships that will prepare our graduates to navigate the future.
- A mission grounded in Jesus Christ and the great history of Catholic education.
- Integration of Catholic values through campus ministry, Theological Reflection mentorship, and Legacy Social Service Outreach.
- A broad-based education that will prepare graduates for jobs that don't even exist yet.
- A network of 10,000 alumni who represent leadership in our community and across the country in a wide range of endeavors.
- Opportunities to participate and compete in sports and other athletic activities for all four years.
- Great winning traditions, such as our 13 State Title winning baseball program.
- A true family atmosphere. You belong at Bishop Ward!
Students at Bishop Ward High School go on to be important members of their community which is why they are proud to make the claim, “This is Cyclone Country!”
And even more proud to continue the march toward our second century of educating many of the brightest and best students in Wyandotte County.
For 110 years Bishop Ward High School has stood as a beacon of hope on the hill in Kansas City, Kansas. Whether you want to become a new member of the Bishop Ward community or invest in the endowment, capital improvements, or the student scholarship fund, we rely on you to continue the Bishop Ward legacy and tradition. Each step toward a bright future for Bishop Ward High School is only possible with your help. Become a part of the legacy today!